Monday, June 16, 2008

4 sleeps and counting........


Four more sleeps, well I am up really really late so maybe only three more for me. Had a busy weekend with various calls. Rainy and overcast all weekend. I thought I would post the pictures of the two stores located here. The one to the left is run by the band office and the one below is called the Northern Store. They are located directly across from each other. The Nothern Store only basically has food and other store run by the band has items such as clothing, jewlery, fishing items etc.


There was a very unfortunate incident that occured in a very close reserve Big Trout, a murder on Sunday. A 20 year old mother of two was shot in the face. I guess it happened in the wee hours of the am and drugs were involved. So sad but extremely prevalent here.

Very busy day at the clinic today and up late doing homework.....I did have a break and watched the sunset tonight over the lake it was breathtaking. The skys in the North are amazing. I had seen some pics from one of the nurses here of the Northern lights, it was unbelievable. They are viewed in the fall and early winter months. I did take some more pictures to share but I cant post the pics until I go to Summer Beaver on Thursday night but stay tuned have I got a few good ones for you. I will post on thursday night the 19th of June. My final post will be from home sending yout the final picutures of my last days, minutes and seconds....... I have been talking to Elijah from Summer Beaver and he is working night shift on June 19th so will be nice to see him at the clinic. Oh yeah you should have seen me tonight. I have been having lots of fun down at the water walking along jumping from rock to rock. Up until tonight I have done this without a soaker but tonight not one but two, fell off the rock right into the water up to my knees and it is COLD. I also think I am leaving in the nick of time because the mosquitoes are starting! Anyway take care and talk soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES WE ALL COUNTING THE DAYS MY FRIEND,MISS U AND THE PIC ARE JUST PERFECT.
PLAY SAFE AND ENJOY YOU EXPERIENCE.TALK SOON CA.

Anonymous said...

Ok jumping from rock to rock, what happens when you fall knock yourself out and know one finds you ..What happened to Play safe...Come home in one piece ...luv Ya..Rob

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having FUN! Pretty pictures...Soon u will be home, I bet u can't wait! So sad about the murder rate there...Keep Safe... Love Valorie :) xoxox

Anonymous said...

Cyndi another great sunset....can't wait to see all your pics...mosquitoes will be abundant, you are getting out just in time...may see a few extra in Summer Beaver as their climate is a bit different I suspect.....see you soon....love Jerry and Shirley...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see ya Friday! I'm thankful for your blog I have certainly learned a lot about what to expect when Josh and I move up there! I'm sure there are many stories yet to be told, can't wait to hear them all! I hope you are proud of yourself, we are all certainly very proud of you!

Have a safe trip home :)

Heather

p.s. We are almost at 30 for Panama!

Anonymous said...

It's Thursday now, so you are back in summer beaver, saying good bye and preparing to come home. You must be filled with mixed emotions, but I'm sure its mostly excitement about coming "south" to your family and your beautiful home. I hope the girls looked after your flower gardens for you!!! See you soon Shar-dog