Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sunny Day Today.....

So thought I would give you all a break from the daily blog as don't want it to get too boaring. Have had a few really nice days here cool but sunny. Busy at the clinic today with Well Baby Checks. The clinic is organized a bit different then back at home. Each afternoon is set aside for a different population of patients. Monday afternoon is prenatal and well woman exams, Tues is Immunizations and Well Baby checks, Wed afternoon closed, Thursday is Chronic Disease





clinics and Friday is General. Every am is open to any other type of visit. It does not always work out this way as other patients (walk ins) coming in are always seen. But really pretty good way to organize it.

Oh yeah I found out that the tracks that I was wondering about are left from a large wolf. Must be bigger than the ones we have back home. Starting to get to know some of the local staff


here at the clinic. They were showing me some pictures of when they went hunting not far from here and got 17 caribou, and a very large moose. I am amazed at how big a moose really is. I now have two roommates again another nurse and the dentist. Not too bad but interesting in the am with one bathroom.

The pictures that I have posted was to show you the gave site at this reserve. It too is on a hill



overlooking the water. Very pretty location that is for sure. The grave yard is beside a church. The picture above is the local radio station and the one beside is the fire house.

Some of the patient told me this morning that they could see the smoke in the distance that is from the forest fires burning in Manitoba. We are close to the border (200 mi or so). They also told me they could smell it but I did not see the smoke or smell it. It was windy after work when I went walking so maybe not as pronounced. Hopefully they get it under control. Well have to finish my reading for tomorrow nights class so I will leave you for not. Take care and almost two weeks and counting......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyndi: We miss you around here and are also counting the weeks/days until you are back. Ben,Sherri,Vicki,Sara,Cindy and myself are all off tomorrow to Toronto to attend a computer seminar put on by Practice Solutions. Who knows maybe we will be able to show you a thing or two when you return instead of us always asking you for help!
Sounds like you are having a great adventure but will be happy to be back on your own piece of property. You will be pleasantly surprised at our new medical centre when you return. Until then; take care: Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like even though you miss home you are having a very interesting adventure. Always enjoy seeing your next update. Won't be long now.

EVE

Anonymous said...

Morning Hun

Another Cold wet day here feels more like fall , was awake about 330 this morning and I am sure it was sleet and not rain hitting the windows it was that cold.

Well I for one missed the block glad you posted last night .

Not much happening here..miss ya and counting the days..talk soon luv Rob

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear from the girls at the office yes I miss you all cant wait to get home and I too am counting the days. I hope you all have fun in Toronto. Sounds like it could be interesting. I am sure I will be in shock when I get back to see the new medical center. Looking forward to settling in once again. Anyway miss you all and will see you soon. Almost two weeks and counting.....Cyndisue