Friday, June 6, 2008

Poor little thing just wanted some lovin!



OK this one is for Jerry I think you and I have something in common love the sunset. We shall get some great pics in Panama that is for sure....









Shirley and Brit, I know you will both be saying awe when you see the pup below. This little fella followed me down the road he was so cute and just wanted to cuddle. At first he was timid but when he was sure I was Ok did not want to leave. I took him back up the road to the first house I saw and left him with the owners.

Got two parcels today what a surprise and lots of treats. Thank you so much to CA and Sara I will


not starve in the last two weeks that if for sure.

Caught a bit of a flu bug but think I am recovering. I have been working daily at the clinic. It is rather interesting the role up here. Had a patient with acute abdominal pain and you actually revert into more of an acute care clinic mode. Takes a bit more time as patients are detained. This one I am sure had acute cholecystitis so after drawing her blood, checking her out, a shot of demerol and gravol, some buscopan 3 hours later was on her way.


Patients here have to be flown out for any investigational tests except blood work. Blood is drawn here but has to be flown out for analysis. So this girl will need an abodominal ultrasound and will be flown to Sioux Lookout for it at a cost of 500.00 return. Anyway this patient was 18 years old and has been type II diabetic since she was 11.

The feast started today and will go all weekend.

They have been over putting up teepees and getting the fires ready. Saw a little girl today who fell and hit a rock she had been over at the feast and you could smell the smoke off the clothes. Just like when we are camping. We are going over tomorrow I think. Kinda interesting, when the community celebrate they celebrate. These communities do everything together. With the feast today the stores closed, the school closed and all other employers closed. The weather here today is rainy cool and windy so not a nice day for a feast. Nice thing happened to me at the clinic I saw an elderly gentleman 79 that I required a translator for. This is the second time I have seen him. He thinks I need to stay here at Bearskin Lake clinic, he kept telling the interpretor to tell me I have to stay. As much as I enjoy some of this I am looking forward to coming home so sorry to tell him I have to leave. So two weeks and counting.......

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...guess who!! this is elijah..i like that poor little thing..why don't you send him over..just kiddin'..nice pic's have fun out there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy ...havnt been on in a few days so i thought...better check and see if shes at the same spot as last time..hahaha take care
Scott
Ps..Hows the back Rob..im off Mon and Tues this week if you need anything done

Anonymous said...

I hope that wasn't a wolf pup!!! Maybe mommy and Daddy wolf are lurking around somewhere.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey
nice update lots of info..Sat morning here hot and Humid with chance of Thunderstorms.
Sounds like the Feast would be real interesting ,take lots of pics.
That Pup is amazing, all the pics of the dogs you have send are interesting breeds, they all seem to have a bit of husky in them.
Well not much else happening down here just going to take it easy again today, in hope s that I can go to Sugerland concert with girls tomorrow, wish I had a wheel chair....Love ya miss ya.... Rob

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyndi: Just finished reading ALL of your blogs again - I really enjoy them. Rob - sorry to hear about your back & hope you feel better. I have a fantastic sports therapist if you would come up, she would see you. She has magic hands..I am ok but thanks for asking. Fell across from hospital , hit the curb, sewn up, stiches out now, have concussion BUT I will survive.Leaving Tues for Virginia & Courtney's graduation in Washington. Cyndi, those natives up there would be in shock if they saw the traffic in DC but if I had a choice I would take the peacefullness at least for a short period of time. Take care and Rob, your bed-warmer will be home soon....... Love Aunt G.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww i wish you could bring that pup home for me! but i want you to come home MORE! Love you mama miss you so much! xoxoxoxox see you soon! Love Boo Boo

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a sunset, another picture for my collection, can't wait to see you and will take that disc home with me.....and you are right....Shirley is awwwwwww, just wants to take that pup home too..some great experiences for you Cyndi, and I understand why your patients want to keep you, but I also know you are counting the days....see you soon..love Jerry and Shirley......