Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The above photos are two of the rooms here at the clinic. We see patients in a clinic room as well but this is were we perform the experimental surgery (haha). Actually sadly to say this is used frequently for overdose patients. Suicide rates are high (relative to the population) and the typical way is tylenol OD or hanging (sorry I know that is not nice to tell but really want you to understand their reality).
Good news I have clean clothes....yah it finally came this afternoon, so I am all set. The bad news is that I did not sleep well. Creeped myself out after I met the security man???? went back to my room locked the doors and kept the light on in my room. Pathetic eh! Hopefully things will be a bit better tonight. I have met most of the workers here at the clinic. The majority are ojicree but do speak english (some).
The caretaker of the building is a nice man he is a 33 year old grandpa who loves to fish and hunt. Tells me that lots of fish and that we are acutally on an island surrounded by water. He is going to show me around the area tomorrow. Also told me that the bears are on their way and told me that all i have to do is remain calm and stare at them. He said if they can see your heart beat you are supper so dont be fearful. He said no incidents or attacks that he is aware of so that is good news. That is all for now so all take care and feel free to comment I will post what you are interested in seeing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say 33 YR old GRAMPA????

I am so sad you were freaked last night...I was freaking here in Bville for you ... I told you I would have stayed up with you! Silly!It can only get easier! Glad you have clean undies now! Miss you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I'm so excited to have the wedding booked! I'll send you details tomorrow when my Dad books what he can, I have secured a wedding date of either the 8th or 9th ... can't wait to go! I put the info here for 2 reasons, 1) you probably will check this and 2) other people will check it too and know we're GOING TO PANAMA!!!!
Lots of love from me and Josh!

philibertv said...

Hey Sis,
I was worried when I saw your blog, did't like hearing you were frightened on your first night. It's sad that they have a high rate of suicides up North; I hope you don't have someone try to commit suicide while you are there. They won’t want you to leave when your clinical is over; you are such a great person and exude nothing but kindness. What an adventure you will have, have fun and play safe! Love Ya Valorie xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hello Cynthia

We all miss blondie here. Hope you have a better night sleep tonight. Glad you have clean undies too!!!

Had Dr here for a tour yesterday and we all think it went really well. Cross your fingers!

Jeannie is proud granny of a 9lb baby boy!!

TTFN Cindy and Joanne

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeannie I mean granny that is awesome, I miss you guys too but I will be back before you know it and we will be one big happy family again. Hope the Doc was as impressed as you were! Well take care will keep you posted on my daily activities and you keep me posted on the happenings of the office. Take Care, CyndiSue xo