Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gospel at the school





I wanted to give you something different tonight so I have added a clip of the local band Northern Eagles. I have a picture of them on the left. The tall guy at the back in the black shirt works at the clinic he is our driver. They tell me they do have a CD they sell at the local store so I may have to have a peak. Today was a busy day and that is why the blog is so late had various patients at the clinic much like our population back home.


Wendy I know you were curious about what I am seeing and really it is quite similiar. The differences are really their histories are full of depression and suicide attempts. In fact my day started off with a 46 y.o male who I treated for strep throat. He told me a very sad story about his son who had comitted suicide 1 year ago today. He told me he would have been 17 May 4th if he had been still alive. Today was this clients birthday the anniversary of his son's death. He went on to tell me that there was a pow wow at the school that I could visit in the afternoon, a feast followed by a memorial gospel. I unfortunatley had to work late so only made the memorial gospel and that is the clip you see when you play it. Idid not do the whole thing but wanted to give you a sense. The music is very much country. The band played a couple english songs and the rest in ojicree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW u r so lucky looks like u make learning memories every day. im so happy 4 u.


U GO GIRL. CA