Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Made it in one piece........


Hi all,


Well I guess I made the journey in one piece, little rocky at times but I could kiss the inventor of my ipod and portable DVD player...... I am exhausted! The day started early and is ending too late so what happened in between.., flight from Ottawa to Toronto and then to Thunder Bay was good (Westjet) the other end o f the journey not great TURBULANCE. I really hate it when you try to look out a window in a plane and you cant see anything but clouds the entire trip and that is what it was like for me on the last leg. The weather was cold, windy and rainy. So much for the sunshine I started with in Ottawa. See the snow in the background of the picture....so no bugs yet brrrr.
Would really have liked to arrive with my luggage but unfortunately the plane was full (9 passengers) so had to leave it in Thunder Bay. Hope to get is in a few days??????

The topography is quite interesting, land o lakes truly beautiful (I did get a view from the last reserve to Summer Beaver). As far as Summer Beaver did not get the tour yet I can just see the houses and they tell me to be careful because the place is swarming with bears, and I forgot my bear spray. Did not see much from the trip from the airstrip to the Nurses Station. The Nurses Station is quite nice clean rooms, security is good, windows have grill bars to keep out----?, and the 2 nurses seem very nice and welcoming. My room is attached by a corridor to the nurses station so do not have to go outside at night if patient comes in.
I will post a few more pics to follow and get back at this tomorrow I am beat so off to bed. Miss you all....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's going to be a great adventure!! hope to chat with you on msn!
love you have fun
Josh

Anonymous said...

Hope you slept well your first night, I know you will bring Sunshine to Summer Beaver because you are a truly Unique individual, have Fun and Play safe...... Luv Rob

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safely. The window bars....another bear precaution?? Please be very careful, bears are your biggest threat up north. Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindi,Glad to hear you made it there,Tried to phone you but u already left.Stay Safe

Love Scott,Cheryl,Chels,Dessa