Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Night at the Creek......


So I got a call at work today from someone who works at the clinic as the night guard...This is the same person that I met the first night and then could not sleep because I was, well uneasy or maybe a bit freaked out...He asked if I wanted to go fishing, wow pretty lucky for me. I checked him out first to make sure he was not taking me out to murder me and after asking around found that he was OK. So I decided to go. We had a great evening warm to start then got colder but we caught some fish. We caught Pike and Pickerel but we let the pike go, guess he did not like to eat them? We used, get



this Vicky, fishing poles called the Ugly Stick....and leurs no bait, 8 lb test line and it was magic. Had to drive about 5 km to get to the rapids to fish and he said he would pick me up in his quad......so check it out.

We fished for two hours and let about 7 fish go they were all pike. We kept 7 and he fillet them there and showed me a few tricks yeah for all the fish I will be filleting.







So this is Elijah, he loves to fish and is going back to the rapids after taking me back to the station. It is very interesting that most of the people here have a biblical name. Anyway Elijah told about a remedy that they use from pine gum that is dry. He said that if they cut theselves that they scrape the pine gum into a powder and put this powder on an area that they are bleeding from. He said it stops the bleeding and acts as a bandaid. He said "this is our bandaid" and laughed.







Here is the quad we drove to the rapids in. Just starting to get dark when we were leaving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you are one CRAZY nurse, always out for an adventure. Nice catch, to bad you didn't like fish because there is nothing nicer then fresh pickerel. Ok I will stop worrying about you as you seem to have things under control, play safe and have a great day...Luv Rob

Anonymous said...

STILL LOOKS LIKE UR HAVIN FUN. YA WHATS WITH THE NAMES WHATS HIS NATIVE NAME. OH YA JOHN SAYS PUT THE TRACTOR IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK AND SHIP TO HIM.
TALK LATER LUV AND MISS "U". CA.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a day! Sounds like there are a lot of nice people up there. I like fishing too, but not eating them. I wish I liked it very healthy...LOL! That must have been a fun outting for you. Seems like your time is just flying by. The fish your holding, did you catch all of them yourself? You fisher person you...LMAO!
Love Ya! Valorie xoxox:)

Anonymous said...

Look like your learning a lot of cool things mom!I admire you more and more each time i read!xoxo BooBoo