Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On the move try on the run.......

Well today I had a bit of excitement as you heard I have moved to another reserve. There was a possibility of this happening, an outside chance and well guess it did. Summer Beaver is a very nice reserve but not all that busy so I was given the opportunity to move to a larger reserve so why not. Why wouldn't I, the ministry picked up the tab so I would have been stupid not to. So where am I....well I have moved to Bearskin





Lake. You will see the picture of the station to the left. If you find it on the internet you will note that I have moved Northwest of Summer Beaver. It is by the Manitoba Border and quite a bit farther north. I arrived at 8 pm your time, I have crossed a time zone so one hour ahead of you. Yeah very fast switch but had to decide quick before someone changed their mind. So long flight, tired again and need to settle in. The



topography again was beautiful, almost as much water as land in the region. I have posted a few pictures of what I saw on the way. I will miss the people of Summer Beaver but was so glad I went fishing with Elijah. I am not sure who is still tuned into ths Saga but wanted to say I do miss everyone. I will have to get out and check the place out tomorrow and let you know what is going on in Bearskin Lake. Oh yeah I have upgraded my accomodations that is for sure I will




try to post pictures of that on the internet tomorrow. It is a brand new Nurses Station and I am living high and mighty..... The flight was interesting some lakes still covered in ice and others clear see below. So needless to say I am beat again. Up early saw patients this am and then in transit from 3 to 8 with a pit stop in Sioux Lookout.





The flight again was a little rocky, as much of the flight we were low to the ground due to stopping at a couple of reserves. Again thank goodness for my little DVD player that my husband slipped me before I left. Good thinking babe you are just too good to me!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey You
Great to see your new home, will be interesting to see what Bear Skin lake holds for you, another great adventure and opportunity. Its will be neat o see what comparisons you will make between the two different communities. Lookin forward to your blog. Did anyone notice the ice roads in the pictures from the plane..grat stuff.
Take Care Be Safe and we will talk soon. Luv Rob

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they will miss you at Summer Beaver, you were just making a lot of new friendships. Bear Skin is in for a great surprise with you going there to do your clinical.As I have said before with your outgoing and friendly personality you will win over the Bear Skin community like you did the Summer Beaver community. This adventure must be so exciting for you, I know by your blogs you are taking it all in and enjoying your whole exerience. Ice what's that, we don't get much of that here...lol! It looked cold, but pretty! Well at work, just wanted to leave a comment on your blog to let you know I was thinking about you...Love Ya Valorie :) xoxox

Anonymous said...

Josh and I were curious about how your trip was and if this was going to be where you spent the rest of your placement. Looking forward to seeing the new town. You're almost halfway there!!

Be safe,

Heather and Josh

p.s. 15 people have paid and confirmed for the trip :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyndi,
How exciting. So glad you took the opportunity to move to Bear Skin. What an exciting time. It will mean so much more once you return home as you are adapting and probably don't even realize it. We all miss your smiling face around here and look forward to your return. The medical centre is is looking amazing. Should be completed within the next 2 weeks. Not going to move the reception area until just before the Grand Opening on July 18.
Enjoy your journey :)
Sherri

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!!! People from Summer Beaver are gonna get treats! A parcel is en route! As long as someone enjoys it! Cyndi...come home soon...I have no one to answer my computer questions. The candy dishes are empty. The custom forms...oh the custom forms...miss you! This new place looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

No too worry they are forwarding my parcels to me so hopefully it will come. Thank you to whoever is sending me treats but have a hunch it is SARA:) Miss you but will be home in a flash.... Cyndi

Anonymous said...

opps that was to be to little crazy on the keyboard.......:) Cyndisue

Anonymous said...

Hello again Travelling Girl: Another fantastic experience to write in your journal. Bet Elijah misses his fishing companion back in SB. Time must be flying by with so many interesting incidents. Could have used your skills yesterday - took a tumble & had to get four stiches across my forehead. There goes my good looks (LOL). Keep these stories coming....aunt G...

Anonymous said...

Hey I still read your blog. the pics make the land look like lilly pads in a giant lake there is so much water!
and I think you are one hour behind us!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mum, I love reading your blog still. Things are pretty crazy at work, we have our first tournament tomorrow. should be a fun day i hope!! Looks like you are having a pretty influential time up there. cant wait to talk about it with you!! XOXO. Cait

Anonymous said...

Hey Cynthia

You are full of suprises!! Just wondering if they call you Cynthia, Dr Cythia or just plain old Cyndi up there. Have fun and be safe.

TTYS Cindy B.