Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gas Station....


Here is a picture of the one and only gas station. I am not sure of how much the gas is here but likely more than back home (I will find out when someone is awake). I was on a walk this morning between 10:30 and 12:00 and there was not a stir in the villiage. Not one person to be seen (well maybe one), they sleep very late in the day. The gas is stored in the barrels that you see in the picture. They use snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, cars, trucks and motor boats. They drive them up in the winter over the winter access roads across the frozen lakes. The picture on the left is of the friend I made this am. He followed me on my walk. The dogs here are husky and some german shepherd cross.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hows my favorite nurse practioner this morning.

If i was a betting man I would say that the gas station has been broken into a few times by the look of that fencing.

Question.... in the background I see hydro lines and transformers were does the power come from.

You worry me when I read you are out wandering about alone...Be safe and will talk soon luv ya Rob

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't be out walking alone! sillyness!! Miss you. Be careful!

CA said...

you CRAZY what u doin wanderin in tham parts u askin for trouble thank god dog didnt bite u ass. next time bear or crazy guard. play safe or ur grounded for life. bye missin u still no peoples. cant read the paper of the crash you can tell me later. bye again. we luv u

Anonymous said...

hey Cindy these photo's sure bring back memories - Kelly & I are thinking of moving back up North again?? just kidding! You are definitely in another world but you will be richer for the experience, the people & their way of life - sorry we missed you before you left but we are thinking of you & will keep in touch - the time will fly by so make the most of this experience as it no doubt will be somewhat life changing! Say hi to everyone up there & see if you can arrange a hunt for Giffer & I - warm personal regards from Dave & Kelly