Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tracks in the earth........????



Today is Saturday and I have a new roommate in the appartment. He is a Dentist, and is from Montreal here for the week. Dreary day all day rainy and overcast. Tried to go for a walk but scared myself so came home. I heard a rustling in the bush so of course immediatley think of a bear so headed home....what a chicken eh? The pictures I took tonight on my walk I started into the woods and these are the tracks I saw looked kinda big not sure if a bear so that is why it spooked me.
Do you think I am crazy or what .....dog tracks? I guess they have lynx and mountain lion and stuff and then the bears.
Have had some calls this am. One lady cut herself with a knife filleting wallaye but unfortuanely did not have to suture.....(sicko). Guess the fish are plentifull here as well and everyone out in full force. Hope I can find someone to take me out love to fish.......hate to eat them though. Apparently this reserve is less traditional then Summer Beaver and that is what it seems to me as well.


Not sure if I had told you before but water is a big issue in the North. You can't drink the water at most reserves and this has been true with both that I have been at. Had a fella in with gastro last night who told me that they are dumping their sewage into the lake this time of year and he thinks that it is affecting the fish. He went fishing and had fish for dinner and then was violently ill. He is very upset about this but said he can't speak up to the band leads as he would be treated badly if he opened his mouth. Apparently some say funding has been there but not sure where the dollars are spent. So kinda political. Not sure if that is what caused his gastro because everyone is eating fish this time of year and he is the first case. Talk soon and Get Well Soon Hun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey You
Not a lot of omments on the Blog guess everyone is busy on the weekends.
If I was a betting man I would say its Bear tracks, but then again i have never hunted or tracked a bear. I would be careful because what ever made tem is BIG.

Not much Happening down here, overcast weekend boring without you.

Be safe talk soon...Luv Rob